Cedar City + BLM Camping

October 29, 2016

The Tabernacle! Such a pretty building.
 
One of the mannnny theatre's on campus - this one is called the Shakespeare theatre. 
Really delicious pizza and one of the coolest chalk walls I've seen!
This is Blake's blogger pose - he's been practicing. 
The view and the little creek at our campsite. 

Hey there! Today we are hanging out in Cedar City, Utah. We were here yesterday too and planned to leave this morning but got distracted by a parade and 'sheep festival' which I guess is a big deal here. It's a really cute town though and its been super fun so far! I have to say, I know were only a week in but we have gotten super lucky with free camping! I found a website called freecampsites.net and the sites we have gone to from it have worked really nicely. The spot in Cedar City is just outside of town on the river! The only thing I don't love is that we have been without hookups almost the whole time. We stopped into a rec center in Moab but otherwise we've been a  little grungy. This morning I washed my hair in the parking lot of a park.. nice little intro to the next year. 

One thing I have really liked about Utah so far is the trails. They have so many paved walking and biking trails that are in really good shape. Yesterday we walked around and let the dogs play near some baseball fields to burn off some energy. Teddi has been a little bit of a nut case the last few days.. I guess she's always kind of a nut case but it's been pretty bad. It's like she's suddenly terrified every time we get in the car and start moving. Soooo - not great for a dog that will be on a perma road trip. I'm going back and forth between just letting her figure out that she's not dying and getting her on some puppy Xanax.  Keep your fingers crossed for her - we might have to leave her here... Just kidding, just kidding.

Like I said though - today was the sheep festival and they had a cute little parade! I haven't seen a small town parade since high school and I loved it! Lots of tractors just buzzing down the street and little kids walking their sheep and tossing candy. Cedar City is also the home of Southern Utah University which is a really cool school! I don't actually know anything about it, but their campus is pretty and we had fun walking around. They have a few different theatre and fine arts buildings that are really pretty. I guess there was a Shakespeare festival here last week and they built a few new stages and things near a cool succulent garden. We ate at the Centro woodier Pizzeria and it was delicious just like google said it would be. They had a neat chalkboard wall in there that I was pretty into. All in all this little town kind of stole our hearts! We have had so much fun here. Tomorrow we are moving on to Zion National Park and will hopefully see the Emerald Pools and some other awesome stuff. 

Have an awesome weekend everyone and we'll be back next week! 

1 comment

  1. Wow! It's really fun to see and "hear" about your experiences on this new adventure!!! Sorry that Teddi is having a rough time; I think if you take her to a vet for some anti-anxiety medicine, it is a good idea. (So says the therapist....) Better living through medicine......AND traveling to all kinds of cool places! XOX!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Camp Somewhere
Design by Fearne